The liver is a large glandular organ, whose functions include decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, secretion of bile, and conversion of sugars into glycogen, which it stores. The liver is also responsible for processing many vitamins and nutrients into a form that can be utilized by the body, as well as detoxification of various substances. Modern living involves daily exposure to substances that are toxic to our bodies, which imposes a heavy load on the liver. Therefore, a healthy liver is critical to well-being. It is important to ensure that the liver is being maintained at its functional best for optimal health.
Fortunately, there are substances that have been proven in clinical studies to support healthy liver function.
Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin)Learn More
Milk Thistle’s active component, Silymarin, is a complex flavanoid, also containing Silibinin and Isosilibinin A & B
- Supports the body’s natural detoxification pathways.2
- Antioxidant/supports detoxification in the liver.3
- Hepatoprotection beneficial for liver and overall health/vitality.4
- Silymarin has been shown to support healthy cell division.5
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC)
A versatile compound and derivative of the amino acid L-Cysteine
- The chemical precursor to glutathione.6
- N-acetylcysteine can support healthy liver function.7
- It supports the liver’s natural detoxification systems.8
- Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant protecting cells.9
- Encourages healthy liver function.10
- Promotes immune system health.11
Alpha Lipoic AcidLearn More
- Supports levels of the liver enzyme Lipase, which breaks down liver fat.12
- Supportive of healthy liver function.13
- Supports normal gene expression in liver cells.14
- Promotes healthy DNA function.15
- Boosts glutathione levels and has potent antioxidant actions.16
- Helping the body rid itself of accumulated ingested toxins.17
Schisandra ExtractLearn More
A powerful antioxidant plant used extensively in Chinese medicine.
- Support the production of detoxifying enzymes and antioxidant activity.18
- Support healthy gene expression in liver cells.19
- Promote healthy liver function at the cellular level.20
- Support levels of glutathione, the cell’s own antioxidant defense.21
Liv Assist’s four powerful, liver supportive ingredients ensure your liver is getting all the nutrients it needs for healthy detoxification.
Warning: Do not use if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children.